Spring Break begins
Monday: B Day: Wind Ens: Holst packet- listening/evaluating MPA performance
Tues: A Day: After school Rehearsal: O Magnum Mysterium 2-3:30pm
Wednesday: B Day: Holst packet- compositional techniques continued; Grainger compositional techniques – Children’s March
Thursday: A Day: After school Rehearsal: O Magnum Mysterium 2-3:30pm
Friday: No School – Spring Break begins!
Class Musicianship has begun. Print yours off from the website. The PW is MustangBand2016
State MPA: Wind Ensemble now begins preparation for both State MPA and Prism! State MPA is again at Flagler Palm Coast High School located about 45 min from here. Our tentative date is Tues. 4/24/18 to perform. The trip date is 4/24-4/26 Details to follow. We will most likey perform in the evening due to our classification.
Please bring your Holst packets Monday and Wednesday. We’ll continue to learn about one of the most significant pieces in wind band literature.
Otto J. Kraushaar Award is received by earning Superiors from EVERY Judge through State MPA. We are on track to receive this award however we have 3 superior ratings to go… Let’s do this.
Percussion: ALS Walk is Saturday, April 7 times will be announced this week
Drum Line 2018-19 Auditions: There will be a 3 day clinic followed by the mini camp. This is for all students interested in participating in the 2018 Mustang Percussion section. Bring sticks and a drum pad
- Thurs. April 12: 6pm – 8pm – Meet in MHS Band room
- Tues. April 17: 6pm – 8pm – Meet in MHS Band Room
- Thurs. April 19: 6pm – 8pm – Meet in MHS Band Room
- Saturday: May 19: 9am – noon – 2018 Mustang Marching Mini Camp
- Auditions will be judged by Matt, Amanda, and Ms. Chaffin
- Students attend all sessions
- The audition will consist of fundamentals and application of marching and performing
- Student’s attitude, motivation, grades, and demonstration of teamwork will be part of the audition (past and present – if applicable)
- The marching battery will consist of maximum of 2 tenors, 4 basses, 3 snares; however augmentation in the stands will take place
- Front Ensemble will consist of marimbas, xylo, bells, vibes, synth, as well as other auxillary instruments
- The battery and front ensemble may change after results post.
Color Guard 2018-19 Auditions: There will be a 2 day clinic, Marching mini camp and the Audition will be May 22.
- Tues. May 15: 6pm – 8pm – Meet in MHS Band Room – Clinic Day 1
- Thur. May 17: 6pm – 8pm – Meet in MHS Band Room – Clinic Day 2
- Sat. May 19: 9am – noon – Mustang Marching Mini Camp
- Tues. May 22: 6pm – 8pm – Auditions
- Auditions will be judged by Ms. Kester, Ms. Chaffin, and the Guard Instructor
- All Students interested in participating in the 2018 Color Guard attend all sessions
- The audition will consist of a routine, marching and spinning fundamentals learned in the clinic sessions
- Students must submit 3 teacher recommendations
- Student’s attitude, showmanship, grades, and demonstration of teamwork will be part of the audition (past and present – if applicable)
- The rubric will be posted as soon as it is available
- Results will post the day following the Auditions
- There will be a maximum of 10 members
Band Banquet – Friday May 11 at MHS Cafeteria Times TBA
2018 Prism Concert and Silent Auction: Friday May 4. Silent Auction begins at 5:30; Concert Begins at 7pm
Prism Rehearsal schedule:
- Monday April 30: 2:30pm-5pm
- Tues May 1: 2:30pm-5pm
- Wed May 2: 2:30pm-5pm
- Thurs May 3: 2:30pm-5pm
Marching Band 2018 is approaching! Here are some dates to help you plan:
Mini Camp: Sat May 19- 9am – noon – note that this date is not the day after Banquet
Thursday Nite Live Dates:
- May 24- 5-8pm
- June 7 – 5-8pm
- June 14- 5-8pm
- June 21- 5-8pm
- June 28- 5-8pm
Band Camp 2018
- Week 1: July 23-27 -Guard and Percussion: 1pm – 8pm
- Week 1: July 23-27- Leadership – Times TBA
- Week 1: July 26-27- Rookie Camp – Times TBA
- Week 2: July 30-Aug 3- Full Band – 1pm – 8pm
- Rehearsal: Aug 7; Aug 9 – Full Band- 2pm – 4:30pm
To see if your solo or group is registered for State S/E, click HERE
- check this to see if it is correct – and if there is a mistake, please email Ms. Chaffin immediately
State S/E is Mar 26 at Buchholz H.S. in Gainesville – please note that this is during school and NOT spring break.
- Grade V or higher superior ratings have the option of performing at the State Level Solo & Ensemble
- Deadline for registration is THIS FRIDAY. Register by telling Ms. Chaffin if you will be performing.
- Solos are 14.00; Ensembles are 7.00 per person
- Mar 26 is a B day
- Each student is responsible for their own transportation.
Needed: The band is in search of carpet squares (the samples used at Lowe’s/Home Depot) and an area rug approx 5×7. Our percussion uses these for stage set ups. Any color is fine. Thanks!!!
Leadership Mondays begin April 2 from 2-3:30 in the band room. Interested in becoming a band officer? Come to the meetings! Details soon.
From the Band Boosters:
HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!! We’re celebrating six birthdays this week and during Spring Break!!! Hope you all have a fantastic day!!!
- Claire Thompson – Monday, March 12
- Kyle Conlon – Thursday, March 15
- Nick Cirell – Thursday, March 15
- Jacques Guillaume – Sunday, March 18
- Ronescel Angcon – Tuesday, March 20
- Essie Ringley – Thursday, March 22